Photos of the Boston & Maine's Lexington and Reformatory Branches
In Arlington, Bedford, Billerica, Concord and Lexington, Massachusetts

PAGE UPDATED:  SEPTEMBER 27, 2014

We are grateful to the people and organizations who preserved these photographs of the local railroad from a quaint time in our past. This web page is under development. Please check it again in the future for any updates. All images are presented for educational purposes only, and they remain the property of their owners.
  • Engine 1451 is running light at Bedford Depot on February 23, 1953.
    Bedford
  • Bedford
  • Bedford
  • Bedford
  • Bedford
  • Bedford
  • Bedford
  • A northbound local freight train is seen passing through Arlington on April 3, 1953.
    Arlington
  • Arlington
  • Arlington
  • Arlington
  • The "BB Local" freight train is making its northbound journey through Billerica on February 23, 1953.
    Billerica
  • Billerica
  • A three-car RDC excursion train has reached its destination behind present-day Concord Lumber on the Reformatory Branch. Self-propelled Budd Cars were still a novelty when this photo was taken on June 8, 1958.
    Concord
  • Concord
  • Engine 3676 has a Boston-bound train at Pierces Bridge Station, which was near Maple Street in Lexington, on March 13, 1954
    Lexington
  • Lexington
  • Lexington
  • Lexington
  • Lexington
  • Lexington
  • On May 5, 1975, the afternoon train to Bedford has left the Fitchburg Division main line at West Cambridge for the Lexington Branch. Today, the MBTA's Alewife Red Line Station occupies these grounds.
    West Cambridge
  • West Cambridge
  • Bedford-bound train crossing Hartwell Avenue in Lexington, March 1975
    Bill McCaffrey slides
  • Bill McCaffrey slides
  • Bill McCaffrey slides
  • Bill McCaffrey slides
  • Bill McCaffrey slides